Jersey Railway Map
(Map by Cnbrb - Own work, CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=40711699.) The following photos show some of what remains of the Jersey Railway between St Helier, St Aubin and Corbiere. The section to St Aubin was built in 1870 as standard gauge. The line was converted to 3ft 6in gauge in 1884, at which time the four-mile extension to La Corbiere was opened. The advent of motor buses after the Great War saw patronage suffer. From 1932, the line operated in summer only and complete closure was precipitated by a major fire at St Aubin in 1936.